Thursday, September 11, 2008

Stuffing Your Tank Top

OK, time to get back into the swing of things here with the ol' Going Green program. Many of you asked how I was able to get my Riot numbers down to their current amounts and so I'm going through my previous years posts and recapping them for you.

And now I just recapped the recapping for you so we'd all be on the same page. Because I'm like that. Redundant, that is. As in "doing something repetitively". You know, again and again. Because I'm like that.

So let's concentrate a bit on water usage shall we? See if we can't chip away at our numbers. Now, for those of you with wells - good luck. I lived on well water most of my life and generally we could tell how we were doing if, and only if, the well went dry. Other than that we really had no way of determining whether our usage was high or low. But for all you city/suburbia folks - you're lucky - you get a personal accounting of your households water use courtesy of the public utilities! Ain't they nice folks?

Today's change is a very simple one to make. And once it's done - it's done. Walk away and forget about it. I love those changes.

Today I want you to drop a brick in the toilet. And when you're done with that, go ahead and implement a water saving strategy. Trust me - it's as easy as pinchin' a loaf - and equally satisfying.

No comments: